Saturday, April 4, 2015

Chalk painted looking: Home Furnishings and High End Designers

beautiful buffet, distressed, chalk paint I'm pretty sure that my love for home furnishings and interior design is an inherited jean. My mom is a designer and has her own studio just outside of Atlanta, where we live and have all my life. She really does it more as a hobby than a job. Most of her design jobs are beach homes and condos along the emerald coast. She is inspired by the beach life. She's great at all of it not just beach homes. So, since she is a designer, I am fortunate enough to be listed as a buyer at one of the largest merchandise marts in America, Americasmart. Surely you have heard of "the mart" 4 sky rise buildings in Atlanta of nothing but home furnishings, Apparel, gifts jewelry, and almost anything you can think of. Its where designers, storefront owners, boutiques, department stores find the lines of merchandise they are going to carry. Where the introduce there new fall, winter, or summer lines.

So Americasmart is where I find some of my favorite home furnishing designers. Many of you may have never heard of these designers or brands most of them are very high end brands. I on the other hand would NEVER be able to afford these kinds of furnishings if I had to buy them at retail pricing, Now don't get me wrong I can't just go in there and buy anything, If I'm buying my personal things I usually go when the showrooms are trying to make room for the new seasons stuff that will be coming in so they then sale there floor samples. 

I just have to share with you some of favorite designers, Quite often I see brands on sites like Joss and Main, Wafair, Guilt and some of the popular shopping apps. 

So I have to mention my favorite first which is a designer called Aiden Gray, they have beautiful french shabby chick furniture and decor oh and the lighting OMG. Its to die for 


 

This link is to a Aiden Gray retailerhttp://www.laylagrayce.com/b/Aidan-Gray.aspx


Next up is Regina Andrews Designs which I have alot of her furniture in my home.


 

 



Here is a list of designers you should check out











Visit Something to Chalk About Brooke Dowdy's profile on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment