Thursday, April 16, 2015

Chalk Paint Ideas and Inspiration …. Photo Gallery


Chalk Paint Ideas and Inspiration Photo Gallery

I know you love looking for chalk paint ideas and inspiring chalk paint furniture pieces…. Yummy, I know I do. 

So when people like you decide to chalk paint that piece of furniture that has been sitting there for months. You know that piece you just couldn't quite make up your mind on the technique to use or do you want to distress or not, do I want to use this color that color or a color mix of chalk paint, etc. Decisions, decisions.  You either go looking for a piece that inspires you or you finally have your own creative ideas you just dreamed up. Either way is fine because no piece will ever be exactly the same.

Today I am going to share with you some chalk painted pieces that I have either painted myself, I am currently working on and some from friends of mine that have given me permission to share.

You can actually find some of these chalk painted pieces for sale in a little store or actually a BIG store in Savannah, GA. Two Woman and a Warehouse. Have you heard of them?  They actually have 2 stores in Savannah one of them being a 7,000 ft. warehouse.  It s a fabulous place and I actually am planning on writing a whole blog post about them.
I also have a few pieces that I am not quite happy with and really need some expert advice on. I may just share those here as swell and see if some of you can give me your opinions on whether you like it or what I need to do different. There are a few I just can't get quite right. Please don't shame me for some of the pictures. Some are not staged and are still in my shop that are not complete.












 
            
     










SO I decided to wait on the ones a I am having problems with. I will post them very soon. Maybe you can get some inspiration from some of these. Please tell me what you think or ask any questions you have. Most of these pieces were painted with Maison Blanche Chalk Paints or Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Wax

Ok here is one I have been trying to perfect and it may just be the piece of furniture that i used as to why I am not liking it. The furniture may not have that antique old feel like I am going for with this technique. I really want it to look kinda faded and dirty. PLEASE help on what I did wrong.

It looks ok from afar but when you get up close Im not happy with it. Here's a close up.






No comments:

Post a Comment